Territory gas has played a significant role in our economy and will now play an essential role as a transition fuel in our journey to a low-emissions future with sustainable economic growth.
The Territory is on track to becoming a world-class hub for sustainable gas production, manufacturing and services by 2030 through:
- expansion of Darwin’s world-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) export hub
- establishing gas-based processing and manufacturing
- contributing to Australia’s energy security
- meeting demand for cleaner, affordable transition fuel sources
- establishing local advanced low-emissions manufacturing industries, harnessing gas resources as a vital feedstock
- supporting global pursuits of a net-zero emissions environment.
The Territory’s abundant energy resources are one of our strongest areas of competitive advantage and will deliver long-term opportunities for Territorians transforming the future, while safeguarding unique environmental, cultural, social and community values.
We’re collaborating with industry and the Australian Government to realise our opportunities and transform the Territory into an innovative and globally competitive gas production, manufacturing and services hub.